- 1 tsp oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 3 large ripe tomato thinly sliced(1/8 inch), divided
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- Adobo sauce to drizzle – roughly 3 tbsp – I made my own as below
- 1 pepper, diced
- 100ml uncooked quinoa
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 350g Butternut squash, 1cm cubed
- 180ml water
- 165g of corn, frozen, tinned or fresh
- 2 Tbsp sliced pickled jalapeno
Adobo Sauce – this makes enough for 6 portions
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 chipotle pepper (soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 75ml water
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp honey
Sauce for top
- 87ml cashew milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp mustard
To make adobo Sauce
- Chop the onion, garlic and softened chipotle pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and when hot, add the onion.
- Let the onion soften, then add the garlic and chilli for a further 2-3 minutes
- Add the spices, tomato paste and water, stir and leave to simmer for 5 minutes
- Put the mix into a blender and blitz. The mixture can be stored for up to a month in the fridge
Constructing the dish…
- Spread onions on the bottom of the Remoska. Sprinkle the parsley, oregano, garlic, cumin, cayenne evenly. Add a layer of diced pepper, then a layer of tomato.
- Add black beans and spread evenly. drizzle the adobo sauce. Spread the quinoa over the top the black beans evenly. Sprinkle paprika on the quinoa. Add another layer of tomato.
- Layer the butternut squash on top. Slowly pour the water in the dish.
- Put the Remoska lid on and bake for 60 minutes.
- Make the sauce by blending all the sauce ingredients together.
- After 60 minutes, check if the butternut squash is tender, else bake for another 10 minutes. Drizzle the cheddar sauce on top of the butternut. Spread the corn and pickled jalapeno evenly on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheddar sauce starts to bubble and the corn starts to get golden.