- 1 large jar of gigante beans or butter beans, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 350g/12oz kale, chard or spinach, washed and chopped
- Gently soften the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil for 5 minutes. When soft, stir in the paprika, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, beans, 100ml/3½fl oz water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the chard and the drained beans and leave to cook for another 10 minutes or until the vegetables have wilted.