- 1 medium onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1x 400g tin of mixed beans or cannellini beans
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1.5 tbs maple syrup
- 1.5 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbs soy sauce
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- Finely chop the garlic and onion and drain the beans.
- Heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beans and chilli powder allowing them to soak up the flavours.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well to ensure that the flavours are incorporated and lower the heat.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes and serve.