- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 10 fine beans
- 240g cooked lentils
- 1 x tin plum tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- ½ tbs maple syrup
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 750g potatoes/sweet potato
- 50ml oat milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cook the lentils if cooking from dry. Drain and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion. Peel and slice the carrot and parsnip and chop the fine beans.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large pan on medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook for roughly 5 minutes, stirring regularly until they brown.
- Add the carrots, parsnip, fine beans and lentils along with a generous pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Stir well and put the lid on and leave to sweat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, bay leaf, soy sauce, maple syrup and paprika and season with salt and pepper as required. Bring to the boil and then let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the mashed potato by cutting the potato/sweet potato into bite size chunks (leaving the skin on as its more rustic/better for you!) Put the potato in a saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes depending on the type of potato you have chosen.
- Drain the potatoes when cooked and return then to the saucepan. Add the oat milk and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the veg and sauce to a dish for the oven and then add the mash potato on top using a fork to press it down and even it out. It should be roughly two thirds vegetable mixture to one third potato.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes (turning half way in the motorhome) or until the potato is browning and the vegetable sauce is bubbling