- 100g Crushed Digestives or ginger nut biscuits
- 33g Butter Melted
- 375g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 70g golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12.5g butter, melted
- 87.5ml milk
- ½ tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
To make the base
- Melt the 33g of butter in a saucepan and crush the biscuit in a mixer or using a rolling pin.
- Add the crushed biscuits to the butter and mix together until the butter is fully incorporated. Separate the biscuit mixture into 4 ramekins and using the back of a spoon press down to form a hard base. Leave to chill for at least 15 minutes.
To make the pie
- Place the pumpkin or squash in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for 15 mins or until tender. Drain pumpkin; let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (motorhome).
- Mash the pumpkin/squash and push the cooled pumpkin through a sieve into a large bowl and pat dry if necessary, to remove excess moisture.
- Melt the 12.5g of butter in a saucepan. Then in a separate bowl, combine the sugar, nutmeg and the cinnamon. Mix in the beaten egg, melted butter and milk, then add to the pumpkin purée and stir to combine.
- Pour the mix into the ramekins. And bake in the oven for 16 minutes (8 minutes, turn and 8 minutes) and check. The filling should be just set with a very slight wobble in the middle.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix the remaining cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the pie. Serve chilled.