▪ 1 Carrot
▪ 1 Aubergine
▪ 1 Red Bell Pepper
▪ 1 head garlic
▪ 1 tbsp olive oil
▪ salt and pepper for seasoning
▪ 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
▪ 1/4 cup (35g) Walnuts
▪ 12 Sundried Tomatoes soaked for 10 minutes in just boiled water
▪ 2 tbsp olive oil
▪ 1/2 tsp Salt
▪ 1 tbsp Capers
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Chop the carrot, aubergine and red bell pepper into 1 inch chunks and lay out on a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Put the head of garlic on it’s side and slice a small amount off the top so just the tips of the cloves are exposed, keep the end where all the cloves attach intact. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and wrap in a tin foil package.
4. Bake the vegetables and the garlic for 30 minutes, until soft. Allow to cool.
5. Add the vegetables and garlic to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. You might need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor.