Serves 2 or 4 as a side
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1cm fresh turmeric, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 250g cabbage, shredded finely
- 2 carrots, diced
- 100g green beans, diced
- 1 large parsnip, diced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne
- 100g grated coconut/desiccated coconut
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan set over a medium heat, and, when hot, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the mustard seeds followed by the curry leaves, cumin seeds and chillies.
- Stir for about 30 seconds, then add the ginger, turmeric, cayenne, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the Parsnip and sweat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, beans and carrots and cook, covered, over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, adding a splash of water if they start to stick to the pan.
- Stir in the coconut, heat through for a minute
- Serve with rice or naan bread