- 1 cups (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (120g) sourdough discard
- 1/4 cup (56g) milk
- 7.5ml olive oil plus extra for cooking
- Mix the ingredients: Whisk the flour, salt, and just enough baking powder to give the flatbread its signature bubbles together. Add the remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Knead the dough: Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for a few minutes, until it is smooth and no longer sticky. Adding more flour if necessary. To knead the dough, grab the edge closest to you and fold it over itself. Give the dough a quarter turn. Repeat this movement until the dough smooths out.
- Rest the dough: Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Allowing the dough to relax gives the gluten strands time to relax making shaping easier.
- Shape the flatbread: Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Using your hands or a rolling pin roll it out into discs that are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cook the flatbread: Brush one side with olive oil (no need if non stick pan) and place olive oil side down in a hot cast-iron skillet. Cook for 90 seconds until the top begins to look dry and bubbly. Brush the top with olive oil, flip, and cook the second side for an additional minute. Remove to a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm.
- Repeat: Repeat the cooking process until all of your flatbreads have been cooked.