This makes about 10 knots and they fit perfectly in the Remoska Tria…. but these work in an oven too. We used plant based milk and vegan plant butter but it’d work with normal dairy products too.
- 300g strong white flour
- 100g milk
- 1 egg
- 125g Ferment (12.5g yeast)
- 25g castor sugar
- 5g Salt
- 100g Butter
- 37.5 g butter
- 62.5 sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
To make the dough
- Mix the flour, yeast/ferment, sugar, butter and salt together before adding the milk and egg.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Place in a bowl and leave to double in size.
Make the Cinnamon paste
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Check consistency before using it and if need be heat slightly to loosen to a spreadable paste.
Assembly and cooking
- Once the dough has doubled in size, roll it out to roughly A3 size on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread on the Cinnamon paste and fold in half lengthwise to enclose the paste.
- Cut into roughly 10 x 3.5cm strips. Then cut each strip into 3, leaving the join at the top intact.
- Plait the strips and push together to seal the plait at bottom before rolling upwards to make the knot.
- Place in a preheated remoska (5minutes with a ramekin of water inside) and leave to double in size.
- Brush with egg or milk