- 200g cashew nuts
- 75g almonds
- 50g pitted dates
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g coconut oil
- 30g coconut cream
- 50ml maple syrup/ honey
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- Soak the 125g cashew nuts in a bowl overnight, or if you don’t have time, boil in water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside
- Blend the rest of the cashew nuts (75g) along with the Almonds in a food processor until the reach a breadcrumb like texture. Then add the dates, coconut oil and vanilla extract and blend until it all comes together.
- Transfer into the silicon tray and press down so that it is firm, super smooth and level. Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake layer by putting the soaked and drained cashew nuts into the blender along with the coconut oil, coconut cream and maple syrup or honey and blend until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and ground turmeric and blend again to combine.
- Spread the lemon flavoured ‘cheese’ mix over the firm base and set in the fridge for 2 hours or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Once set, remove from the silicon tray and cut into portions. Keep in the fridge.