- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 700 g cod (or other flaky white fish)
- 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the corn slaw:
- 1 tin of sweetcorn, drained
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, paprika, chilli powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add cod, tossing until evenly coated. Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw in a large bowl by adding the lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper and mix. Pour the olive oil into the lime juice mixture while continuously whisking until dressing is smooth. Add cabbage, pepper, sweetcorn and jalapeno pepper to dressing and toss.
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Remove cod from marinade and season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper. Add fish flesh side-down. Cook until opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before flaking with a fork.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over grilled tortillas with corn slaw and avocado.