Baked Parippu Vada Chana Dal Vada/Fritters – Indian Falafel
Baked Parippu Vada Recipe – Chana Dal Vada or Masala Vadai. Chana Dal (Split chickpea) Fritters or the Indian Falafel. Easy fritters with curry leaves and ginger. Use other spices and lentils for variation. Vegan Gluten-free soy-free Nut-free Grain-free Recipe.
- 280g drained chickpeas or use a combination of split pea/chana dal + toor dal (split pigeon pea), toor + moong (petite yellow lentils-green gram dal), moong/chana dal + masoor (red lentils)
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Use a food processor or blender to grind all the ingredients together.
- Shape the mixture into 2 to 3 inch size flat discs and place on parchment lined baking sheet. The mixture can be slightly wet. Use oiled hands or wet hands to shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn tray and bake for another 20mins or until golden brown on top. Depending on the size of your patties and the lentils used, you might need to flip and bake for a few minutes longer. Bake till the desired colour is achieved.