1 lb brussels sprouts
1/2 red onion, sliced into 1-inch squares
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, toss in the brussels sprouts for 1 minute until tender. Remove them, rinse under cold water and pat dry with a towel.
2. Place the brussels sprouts in a bowl with red onion and the rest of the ingredients, toss so the veggies are well coated in the marinade.
3. Arrange the sprouts onto the skewers with red onion in between them – there should be about 4 brussels sprouts per skewer. If using wooden skewers, soak them first.
4. Pour any remaining marinade left in the bowl over the skewers.
5. Place the skewers onto your BBQ or grill that’s set to medium heat. Cover and grill for about 5 minutes per side, until a nice browning forms.
6. Brush with a little extra maple syrup, a squeeze of lemon juice, fresh parsley and enjoy