- 350g dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tbsp ground flax seed
- 4 ½ tbs water
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125g coconut, golden or caster sugar
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 50ml rice milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 100g toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160c fan and line a 30cm x 20cm tin with baking parchment.
- Roughly chop the chocolate then place in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Allow the chocolate to gently melt, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile to make the flax eggs, put the ground flax seeds and the water into a small dish and mix well, leaving to coagulate for at least 5 minutes. The ground flax seed will soak up the water and form a gloopy, glue like consistency.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Add the oil and flax eggs, mix to incorporate all ingredients. Then add the melted chocolate, milk, vanilla and stir until smooth. Finally add the hazelnuts mixing them into the rest of the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer comes up almost clean.
- Remove from the over and leave to cool for 10 minutes before putting them into the fridge for 40 minutes or to cool completely – this helps with the goo-ey ness!