- 200 g dates, pitted (deglet nour or medjool)
- 60 ml agave nectar or maple syrup
- 64 g creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 112 g roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 135 g rolled oats
*If your dates don’t feel sticky & moist, soak them in water for 10 minutes and drain before processing. This will ultimately help hold the bars together better.
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain, about 1 minute. It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Place oats, almonds & dates in a bowl, then set aside.
- Warm agave nectar or maple syrup and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8-x-8 baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper, so they lift out easily.
- Press down until uniformly flattened. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and set in fridge or freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the dish/pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to several days.