- ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 large of garlic minced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- ½ medium jalapeño seeded and minced or 1 tbsp jarred jalepeno, chopped
- 4 ribs of celery diced
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes, chopped into roughly 2cm pieces
- 4 cups of corn kernels frozen corn or fresh uncooked corn sliced directly off the cob— about 4 large ears, divided
- 1ltr vegetable broth
- 500ml of unsweetened plain plant-based milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker pan and add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeño, and celery and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent and tender.
- Add the potatoes, half of the corn kernels, milk, pepper and vegetable broth. Cover and close the pressure lid. Bring to a boil and once pressure is achieved lower the heat back to minimum and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove from heat and allow the pressure to release on its own which takes roughly 10 minutes.
- After the pressure cooker has de-pressurised for 10 minutes, carefully remove the lid and blend the mixture to a rough consistency.
- Add the remaining corn kernels and stir into the soup.