- 200g x macaroni/pasta
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours in water
- 1 dessert spoon garlic powder
- 1 dessert spoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 20g nutritional yeast
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 250ml unsweetened almond, cashew or other plant-based milk
- Boil the carrots in water until very tender (about 6 minutes).
- Drain the cashews and place them in a blender with the carrots.
- Cook the shell pasta, al dente.
- Add the plant-based milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, ground mustard, nutritional yeast, white pepper and sea salt to the blender with the cashew and carrots.
- Blend on high until smooth (about 2 minutes). If you do not have a high powered blender, blend for a minute then let mixture sit for 5 minutes and blend again until super smooth. If too thick, add water by 1 tablespoon until a smooth consistency.
- Drain the pasta then place in a bowl with cheese sauce. Let sit until the cheese sauce thickens from the hot pasta.