- 350g onions
- 350g celeriac
- 1 tbs oil
- Pinch of salt
- 400g mushrooms
- 150g cashew nuts
- 1.7 litres of stock
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- Peel and roughly chop the onions, celeriac and mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on a high heat and add the onions and celeriac, stirring for a couple of minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, add a pinch of salt and let the vegetables steam in their own juices for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and cashew nuts sweat for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Add the stock along with the pepper, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Blend until smooth, taste and adjust seasoning if required.