For the Casserole
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 50g greens/carrot or other veg diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 225ml unflavored and unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ½ tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tbsp cayenne pepper hot sauce or a few drops of hot sauce
For the Biscuit Topping
- 170g 00 flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 35g vegan butter
- 130ml unflavoured and unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Coat the bottom of a large pot (or Remoska Tria if using) with olive oil and place it over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, and parsnips. Sauté for about 10 minutes, until the veggies are softened.
- Stir in the cauliflower, chickpeas, stock, milk, nutritional yeast, thyme, rosemary, soy sauce, and vinegar. Raise heat to high and bring to a simmer. Remove some of the liquid and add to the cornflour to make a paste before stirring back into the stew. Lower heat and allow to simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the hot sauce if using.
- While the stew simmers, make the cobbler dough. Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Add the vegan butter and use your fingers to manipulate until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the milk to form a dough.
- Once the stew is finished simmering, transfer it to the Remoska if not already using and simply make small round patties and place on top of the stew.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cobblers are fluffy and the stew is just getting bubbly.