- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 140g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 200g arborio/risotto rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 25g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, freshly grated
- 100g fresh young leaf spinach, washed if necessary
- warm ciabatta and green salad, to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice to coat with the onion and mushroom mixture. Pour in the wine and cook over a moderate heat for about 3 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the wine is absorbed.
- Reduce to a gentle heat. Add the tomatoes and then unconventionally – add all the stock and leave at a medium heat for fifteen minutes – stirring occasionally, before lowering the heat for another ten minutes (assuming your rice takes 25 minutes to cook – otherwise adjust accordingly). Five minutes before you finish cooking, Stir in the Spinach. Turn off the hob, stir in the Parmasan and leave covered for five minutes before serving.