This flavoursome quick and Easy Vegetable Casserole with Roasted Fennel & Beans is a delicious, satisfying vegetarian family dinner idea.
- 2 Fennel bulbs, roughly chopped
- 1 x can of tinned tomatoes
- 1 x can of butter beans
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large shallow pan (with a lid) heat up 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, fennel and bay leaf and cook for 3 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the wine, carrot, pepper, beans and tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, season to taste, stir, cover and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.