- 1/2 a red onion, roughly chopped 90g
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a fresh green chilli
- 25g creamed coconut cream concentrate (small block)
- 25g toasted cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 x 400g cans chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. Deseed and finely chop the chilli. Finely chop the creamedcoconut.
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients – except the chickpeas and oil – until smooth. Add the chickpeas and pulse until blended but still with some small chunks. Taste and season with more chilli or salt and pepper if you think the mix needs it.
- With wet hands, roll the mix into little balls or nuggets – you should get about 20.
- Add the oil to a pan and place over a high heat. Fry the falafels in the pan in 2 batches for 5 minutes, until they go nice and crispy on the outside. Remove and serve immediately