- 150g cooked quinoa or couscous
- 400g tinned borlotti or mixed beans
- 100g roasted sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 50g cashews
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tsp rice flour or quinoa flour
- 4 tsp psyllium husks
- 25g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Drain and rinse the beans. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Chop the cashews into very small pieces
- Put the quinoa/couscous, beans and sweet potato into a bowl and mash using a potato masher. Add all the other ingredients except the sesame seeds and oil and mix to ensure all the ingredients are well distributed and combined.
- Either portion into 50g to 75g balls then roll into a sausage like shape or simply make into small balls.
- Roll the sausages or balls in the sesame seed to give a coating which will form a crust
- Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan on medium heat and cook in batches until browned on all sides and heated through. Alternatively, you can bake in the oven at roughly 170 degrees for 15-20 minutes.