- 1/2 cup (124 g) extra-firm tofu (excess liquid pressed out, crumbled with a fork)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce if not GF)
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce or 1/8 tsp red chilli flake
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (40 g) nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) lime juice
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) coconut aminos or soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flake and 1 clove garlic or 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (22 ml) maple syrup or (12 g) coconut sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil , or other oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeds + stem removed, thinly sliced (omit for less heat) or 2 heaped tsp jalapeño chopped
- 3 green onions, ends removed + thinly sliced or 1 small red onion
- 1 1/2 cups (135 g) thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper (120 g), cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce if not gluten free), divided
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- (~4 cups packed or 300 g) 6 collard greens, large stems removed, stacked + thinly sliced or Chard etc
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated turmeric (or 1/4 tsp ground turmeric)
FOR SERVING optional Fresh cilantro Crushed peanuts / peanut sauce Red pepper flake
Add tofu to a small mixing bowl and season with coconut aminos/soy sauce, chili garlic sauce (or pepper flake), and turmeric. Stir and set aside.
Add all sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime juice for acidity, coconut aminos for saltiness, red pepper flake or chili sauce for heat, or maple syrup for sweetness. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil (or water), pepper, onions, cabbage, bell pepper, and 1 Tbsp coconut aminos/soy sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring/ tossing frequently.
Add tofu to a corner of the pan and sauté until slightly browned, stirring frequently – about 3-5 minutes.
Add carrots and collard greens and stir. Sauté for 2 minutes. Then add Pad Thai sauce and freshly grated ginger and turmeric. Sauté over medium heat until warmed through and collards are slightly wilted – about 3 minutes – stirring frequently.
Taste and adjust flavour of dish as needed. Serve as is or with peanut sauce, crushed peanuts, and lime wedges.