Ingredients – 2 people
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 ¾ tbs oil
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbs cornflour
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Heat ¾ tbs oil in a pan on high heat and fry the onion for 3-5 minutes until it starts to golden.
- Mix together the stock, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and pepper in a jug, then pour into the pan with the onions.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Remove 2 tbs of the sauce and add to the cornflour, mixing until it is all incorporated. Add this mixture back into the rest of the sauce, stir in the other 2 tbs of oil and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the gravy has thickened, stirring all the time to ensure that it is smooth.
- When the gravy has reached the required consistency, remove from the heat and serve.