- 1/4cupsundried tomatoes(see notes)
- 1 and 3/4cups TVP
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth hot
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp tamari (or use low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large white or yellow onionminced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder (or 1/2 tsp. regular chili powder) (omit if using hot paprika)
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 and 1/2tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2tspground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, add the TVP, as well as the sundried tomatoes if they need to be rehydrated (see notes). Don’t stir them together. Pour the boiling hot vegetable broth onto the mixture and let sit for at least 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- If rehydrating the tomatoes, remove them now, finely chop them, and return them to the bowl. Stir in the red wine vinegar, tomato paste, and tamari to the mixture. Measure out all of the spices into a separate bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add all of the spices and stir well. Cook for just 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the entire bowl of soyrizo TVP mixture to the pan and stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until excess liquid is cooked off.