• 50g butter
• 1 tbsp honey
• 175g self-raising flour
• 1 tbsp ground ginger
• 75g crystallised ginger, finely chopped
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 100g coconut sugar
• 1 free-range egg, beaten
1. Cream the butter and sugar then add the egg and honey and mix well.
2. Add the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda and mix until well combined before finally adding the crystallised ginger and mixing further to ensure the ginger is well distributed
3. Line the base of the Remoska with baking parchment and add the mix in flattening it out to the edges so that it is as thin as possible – it won’t spread whilst baking!
4. In Remoska Bake for 35 minutes, though cover with foil for first 20 mins, or until golden and firm around the edges.
5. Once cooked, place on a cooling rack to cool completely.